Pages

Monday 11 May 2020

Life in the 90’s Interview

Hi! this is my writing task! this week my class and I are learning about technology in the 90's. I had to interview someone in my family who is 28 years old or older. I chose my mum. I hope you enjoy my writing task! and feel free to comment on my blog!
Life in the 90’s InterviewRemember the 90s? - CUInsight


Instructions
Find someone to interview. They must have lived in the 90s (so try find someone who is 
28 or older):

  • You can easily interview someone from your Whanau (try your parents of even better your grandparents)
  • Email a teacher at school


Ask them these interview questions, and write down their answers.


Who are you interviewing?


What is their name? (remember to be cybersmart - no last names)
  • Mum


How old were they in the 90’s? (they might say something like “in my 20’s” or “a teenager”)
  • She was a teenager in the early 90’s and in her mid 20’s in the late 90’s


Questions to ask the person you are interviewing.


Tell me about what School/ Work was like for you in the 90’s
-” When I was in college we used books to learn from because there were no computers and no internet”


What was your TV like in the 90’s?
-  “It was big and heavy and there were only  2 or 3 channels.


How did you contact your friends in the 90’s?
- “I had to call them using a phone or I just talk to them at school”


What was your family car like in the 90’s?
- It was an old station wagon”


What was your favourite thing about the 90’s?
- “The music”


Question for you to answer.


Based on the answers you received. 
Do you think you would like living in the 90’s?
- Yes/No


Why?

- Because there was no internet and I wouldn’t have a Chromebook to do my work on. There will be limited TV channels, not even youtube or Netflix! But most of all.. THERE WILL BE NO MINECRAFT!!!!!!!!!!! (Minecraft is a very cool block game. You make houses out of wood, gold diamond and other stuff. You could also mine and find diamonds. Also you can breed animals, play with friends and tame wolves, cats, parrots, donkeys, horses and much more!)

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Julianna,
    I agree with your mum, the music in the nineties was awesome! I think you may have coped living without youtube and Netflix though. I think having more boring screen time made those of us in 'Generation X' more resourceful as we had to make our own entertainment.
    Rumours and enquiries were interesting back before the internet as you had to think hard about the probabilities. These days people can just pull out their phone and google the answer straight away. Sometimes that is helpful, but I miss the days when you had to ask lots of people their opinions and research using books.
    Ngā mihi,
    Mr Vogt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Vogt!,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog!

      From Julie

      Delete