Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Reaching 200 posts! Time to Celebrate!

My happy face when I reached 200 posts and finding out that my twin brother hasn't :)
l
v

It all started when my brother (Kris) and I made a bet. Kris and I were near 200 posts so I asked him if he wanted to do a bet to see who could get to 200 posts first. We both agreed and he accepted the challenge. I was so determined to beat him. Every time I spied on his blog daily to see how many posts he had. Just saying that is not cheating. 

When he got even closer to 200 posts I kept on begging in my head and saying"Please don't reach it yet, Please don't reach it yet, Please stay as the typical Kris and stop posting, Pleeeeaaaasssse" and that happened. He wasn't posting during the weekend or after school so that gave me an advantage. 

I was getting a little bit ( I mean a lot)  jealous because my brother was getting all those compliments like "well done you are almost up to 200 posts" and stuff from our parents. I was also getting compliments but I was still a bit jealous. Sometimes he even gave me a few cheeky grins which made me more angry and jealous so I started to try to post even more posts.

One time he was up to 192 posts and I was only up to 186 or 187 posts. I was getting very nervous because he was only 8 posts short until he got up to 200 posts. I kept on posting and spying on his blog to make sure he hadn't reached it yet. Also some of my friends thought that I was coping his work! But instead I was just spying on his posts.

One day when I went on his blog I realised that he had posted the same thing that was on my blog. I wasn't happy so I went to my mum (who is a teacher) and told her. Since I wasn't happy about it I kept on telling her until she did something. It came to a point where she just had enough so she yelled at me "Stop it Julianna! I am working!" I still wanted someone to do something about it but I just left it for later.

Today in class he had about 196 posts and I had 192, 3 or 4 posts. Then he had 198 posts when I had around 195 or 6 posts. Suddenly when I went back on his blog to spy I saw that he reached 199 posts. I was stunned! My heart was racing SUPER DUPER DUUUPER FAST. My friend Aye saw that I was on Kris's blog so she kept on asking "why are you on Kris's blog?" I was so nervous that Kris would hear so I said "SHHHHHHHH!!, Shut up please, shhh, shut up, don't say that, stop talking!" I felt a bit bad so I quickly said 'sorry' and started to post.

I sometimes looked at Kris to see what he was doing. I saw that he was too busy talking to his friends instead of working on his Chromebook so that made me feel a bit better and that was also another advantage for me. If that was me and I had 199 posts I would be zooming to finish one more post instead of talking or looking or even listening to my friends. Soon I reached 199 posts.

When I reached 199 posts I was starting to feel very confident. I was trying my hardest to finish another post. As soon as I posted my 200th post I had a HUGE smile on my face. My friends looked at me in confusion. I was filled with hope and happiness. I quickly checked Kris's blog and guess what?!... He still had 199 posts! I yelled "Hooray!!!! YAS!! I reached 200 posts before you!" I pointed at Kris, He looked at me and I happily gave him a grin. That was pay back for when he gave me grins when he got compliments. I exclaimed " HA! I REACHED 200 POSTS BEFORE YOU!, IN YOUR FACE!!, JOKES ON YOOOOOUUUUU!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA!"

His face was priceless to me. I started to do a little winners dance while my friends stared at me. After that Kris and his friends checked my blog. They started laughing at one of my photos that I took of myself for a post but I wasn't bothered at all because I reached 200 posts first!  That was the only thing on my mind.

Now Kris and I have accepted another challenge and guess what? He was the one who asked me. He said " Ok, first one up to 300 posts wins. Also I bet that I will beat you to 300 posts and up to 1000 posts!" I was thinking "ok but I don't think you would get up to 1000 or even me, but ok." 

And that was the story of me reaching 200 posts before my brother Kris.

Also bravo to my brother Kris for posting a lot and doing it fast because one time I was at 160 posts and he was up to 140 posts and then a few days later he caught up to me so well done Kris. Here is his blog, check it out and comment please!

Kris - Blog

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julz,
    Your victory dance and happy smiley face was SO intense. You got pretty serious about this bet, let's be honest. I am glad that you won and did so well! I don't know who will get 300 posts first but I hope it's you, good luck!

    Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aye!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog and yes I was very serious about the bet. Also Thanks for the support I also hope I reach 300 posts first.

      Julie :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! This is a very impressive feat Julianna. I think this is an amazing challenge you and your brother had with one another. I also love how you have given us insight to your thinking when you were getting close to your 200th post. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Goodwin!,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog! I am very happy that you enjoyed my writing of me reaching my 200th post. My mum even enjoyed it so much that she has read it a few times.

      Thank you for commenting!

      from Julianna

      Delete
  3. Julianna I am so impressed. This is a marvellous achievement to reach 208 posts half way through the year. Congratulations. I am even more impressed by the quality of your writing. You are a talented writer and should consider a career that includes the ability to write well. The way you described how you set about achieving your goal, and how you strategised to defeat your brother created an engaging drama. Well done. I look forward to seeing how you achieve 500 before the end of the year.
    Mrs Burt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Burt,

      Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I am very happy that you enjoyed my writing about me reaching my 200th post. Thank you so much for saying that I am a talented writer.

      Did you know one of the careers I want to do when I grow up is to be an author?

      From Julianna

      Delete
  4. Awesome achievement and goal setting Julianna...an a little competition between your brother and yourself adds authenticity to the overall purpose. You have added lots of detail in your narrative which really enhanced your blog post...keep posting and encouraging each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog! I am happy that you enjoyed my writing. Once the next challenge is over I will write about it.

      From Julianna

      Delete
  5. Kia ora Julianna. I am a facilitator with the Ako Hiko cluster in Mt Roskill. Well done on your achievement of 200 blog posts (and for getting there before your brother). What are your top tips for creating quality blog posts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! My top tips for creating good blog posts is 1,make sure your post at least says what and why you are learning about it. 2, if you copy and paste you have to put it in your own words and make sure you understand the text. Last tip is when you are writing a story imagine it in your head, Think of exciting words you can put in your writing, Think of what kind of story you want to write like, Comedy, Action and other stuff. I hope my tips help.

    From Julianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tips! Thanks Juliana, I will share these tips with the classes I work with next term.

      Delete