Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Just a dream


Sinking into the quicksand: On trying to escape negative comments

On a bright sunny day I went to go on a daring adventure. It was only my brother Kris and I who decided to head out for the day. We went to the beach to start our adventure! The mission was to dig as deep as we could into the sand to search for treasure.

Kris started digging furiously through the sand while I went to get some water using my bright pink bucket. Yes this mission was very serious. I went and ran back to the hole Kris was digging. He faced me and put his arms out waiting for me to give the bucket full of water to him. Suddenly I tripped on something and face planted into the sand. Kris paused for a moment, Then he started cracking up. It was so funny to him he just sat there and laughed.

After a while I finally stood back up and wiped the sand off my face. I looked at Kris and gave him an evil face, that was when he stopped laughing. I went to see what I tripped on. I saw a mysterious looking box. I took it and sat next to Kris and we both examined it. It had designs on it. I tried to open it but it didn’t budge. Kris swiped it off me and said “ Ha, weak” I said “Just open it” He ripped it open and looked inside.

There was a purple gem and a note that said “hold the gem and say this word… "Shazam” So we did. We held the gem together and said “Shazam!” Pow! Boom! “Ahhhhhhhh!” The next thing Kris and I knew was that we teleported somewhere. I was panicking so much “ Oh my gosh where are we?Is this real?, Am I real!?!” Kris was getting annoyed so he yelled “Shut up you give me a headache”

We both started to walk around. After a while we were getting tired so we stopped for a break. Suddenly everything was getting taller. I looked down and realised that it was… QUICK SAND! Kris and I screamed “Aaaaahhhhh!” I didn’t know what to do. It was a NIGHTMARE!. I looked at Kris and his voice started to change. It got deeper and deeper. His eyes turned red and he started to laugh. It was terrifying! My heart sank (get it?, I was sinking in quicksand, my heart was sinking, anyways...) I was almost covered.

Soon I was fully covered but I could still hear Kris laughing. I opened my eyes and looked up, it was Kris he was laughing at me, but why? I stood up and looked around “ I’m still at the beach?” I had sand all over my face so I wiped it off. I went to Kris and asked him “What happened?” He said while laughing “ You tripped and fell on the sand and face planted! Ha ha! Then you were unconscious!” I thought to myself “It was only a dream?” I smiled at Kris and said “Let's go home” he said “ok” I said to him “I had the weirdest dream”... The End

1 comment:

  1. WOW Julianna,
    this is such a wonderful interesting story! I love how it was all unexpected! I really want to know, how did you come up with this idea?

    Keep it up,

    Aye :)

    ReplyDelete