Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Santa's broken window


On Monday at 5 am I got a call from Santa. Such an early time. Anyway he said “Detective! Detective! There is a mystery in my home. Someone smashed my workshop and my window is broken!, nobody knows who broke it! Please investigate this mystery!” I replied “Of course! I am on my way!” I jumped into my flash helicopter and headed to Santa’s house in the North pole. As I arrived I spotted Santa outside waving at me. I landed on the freezing snowy floor. I stepped out of the helicopter and shook Santa’s hand.

Santa told me I could go into his home. I went in. First I checked the lounge. I found an empty cup of milk on a little table next to Mrs Claus's chair. Then I spotted cookie crumbs on her chair. I examined the cookie crumbs. Turns out that it was a trail of cookie crumbs. I pulled out my huge magnifying glass and followed the cookie crumb trail. It led me to a trail of muddy reindeer hoof prints. Santa quickly recognised who’s hoof prints they were. “RUDOLF!!” Santa shouted. Next I followed the muddy prints. At the end of the hoof prints there layed a little hat on the floor in front of a broken window “That is Jones's hat!” Santa exclaimed.

Now it was time to interview the suspects. On my list was Mrs Claus, Rudolf and Jones the head elf. First was Mrs Claus. I said to her “So Mrs Claus did you leave that empty cup of milk on that little table next to your chair?” “Yes” “Ok, did you eat cookies this morning?” “Yes I did” “Did you ever bump into anything lately?” “Yes but I did not see what I bumped into because I was too busy eating cookies but it felt hairy then after a few seconds I noticed that the window broke” “Ok you can go now”
Next I interviewed Rudolf. “Hi Rudolf” “Hi” “ I am going to ask you a few questions ok!” “Ok!” “Did you have muddy feet this morning?” “No, I’m just kidding yes!” “Did someone bump into you lately?” “ Yes it was Mrs Claus!” “Ok, is there anything else you would like to tell me?” “Yes! I backed up then I accidentally bumped into Jones and got a fright then I kicked him with my back legs!” “Sorry” “It’s ok, well you are done so you can go now”.
Last lucky person to interview was Jones. “Hi Jones I am going to ask you a few questi-” “Just get on with it ok!” “Ok” “ Tell me why you are very angry, what happened?” “ I will tell you what happened! I got kicked by Rudolf then i flew in the air then dropped my hat on the floor and then smashed into the window!, Is that enough for you!?!” “ Yes you are done you now may go” “Finally! That was so long and boring!”.

“So I have found out what happened” “ Ok tell us!” “ Mrs Claus was eating and drinking milk and cookies. She left the cup on the table next to her chair then she was walking while eating. She was distracted by her cookies so she accidentally bumped into Rudolf. Rudolf decided to back up a bit. Then he accidentally bumped into Jones, that's when Rudolf got a fright and then kicked Jones into the air. He dropped his hat and smashed the window.” Finally the case was solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment