Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Holiday recount - Writing practice!

 The New Mutants Director Josh Boone on a Possible Streaming Release | Den of  Geek

During the holidays I got to go to the movies! I was going with my mum, my brother and my aunty. We were all so excited. It was a whole day full of fun! The movie was great and the snacks were delicious. Let me tell you about that special day.


On an ordinary day my mum came and told me that we were going to the movies! I was so excited that I was jumping up and down. I quickly told Kris to get dressed. I darted towards my room and got changed. I was too distracted thinking about the movies that I put anything on. Mum came and also explained that our aunty, aunty Wylma was going to pick us up! “Sweet!” I exclaimed. 


Once aunty Wylma arrived I ran outside to hop inside of her car. Before I could do that mum said to “do you really want to wear that” Oh no! What's wrong with my clothes!?! I was thinking. I was starting to stress out so I looked at the mirror and said “What is it?” Mum said “ Your clothes don’t really match. I said it's fine I will just be going multicoloured.


We all hopped inside aunty Wylmas car. She showed Kris and I a list of movies we could watch. Kris recommended a movie called ‘ The new mutant’. We all liked the trailer so we decided that that was going to be our movie. The movie was rated for 13+ so if you’re younger and if you have no super vision you can not watch the movie. Anyways we drove to Countdown to buy some snacks. I am not going to tell you about that because that is not important. After shopping for some snacks we quickly drove to the movies. 



We had to walk before we reached the amazing cinema. Once we got our tickets we went up to the counter to get some MORE snacks. I could hear the popping sound of the popcorn which was really satisfying. We got our snacks and drinks and headed to our seats. We were a bit early so we had to wait outside for a bit. After a while we walked in and sat down.


It was such an amazing experience because we were the only one’s there because we arrived first. As more people entered I kept on chewing on my popcorn. The movie finally started. The movie  was so cool. *SPOILER ALERTS!* It was about a new mutant who woke up inside of a hospital ( well that's what she thought) she had powers that she didn’t know she had. There were others that also had magic powers. She made a friend. Suddenly everyone's nightmares were alive. It was very frightening. At the end they had to fight the biggest nightmare which was Danny’s nightmare (The new mutant). They also found out her power but I will not tell you. If you want to find out her power you have to watch the movie ‘The new mutant’.


After the movie we went to the arcade. Me and Kris got to spend 20 dollars each while our mum and aunty waited outside. I wasn’t focused on the tickets, I was only focused on winning something that I could take home like toys. I went to the claw machines to try to win a toy. I walked around to look for better claw machines. Suddenly I saw something outstanding! From the corner of my eye. I turned to it. It was a huge pacman machine. You could try to grab out a huge pacman or ghost! It was so cool. 


I tried and tried but nothing worked. It was SO SO close but yet so far away. Kris kept on saying “you sure you wanna stop?, you might win it” which gave me the courage to keep going. I was up to one dollar left and I was like ‘THATS IT!, I'M NOT GOING TO USE THIS LAST COIN ON THAT MACHINE!’ I was so upset that I only had one more coin left. I used it on this big colorful game. I could win up to a few hundred tickets I think. I put all my hope and courage in that coin. My eyes sparked hoping that it will give me a bunch of tickets. 


“Nooo!, Only 2 tickets?!” I shouted. I frowned with disappointment. After a while Kris FINALLY acted like the big brother he was supposed to be and nicely gave me 15 tickets so I could have 17 tickets. I said thank you! And we both walked back to our mum and aunty. I was so excited to see what I could get with my tickets. Kris had around 40 something tickets and I had 17. We walked over to the machine that gave your prizes. 


We looked at it and both frowned it was too expensive. Even Kris couldn’t get anything. We slowly walked back to our mum and aunty. They asked “Did you get anything?” Kris and I replied disappointingly “no, We don’t have enough tickets” Mum said “ Can’t you add them together?” We weren't sure so our mum and aunty Wylma took us there and tried it. (By the way we had receipts that had the amount of tickets we won) We scanned both of the tickets. 




It worked! Haa ray! I was so happy. Even though we could only get a small prize it was a small prize that represented kindness. We decided to get a little packet of gummies to share. It was delicious! I was happy that we at least got something after spending 40 dollars.


Conclusion:

I had a great time. I felt so happy and excited. I would love to go to the movies again. I learnt that next time when I go to the arcade I should focus on getting the tickets instead of the toys. Also I would like to say thank you to Kris for his act of kindness! And if you want to know what we did after that comment and tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment