Pages

Monday 15 July 2019

Matariki light show

Matariki light show




On Saturday night we went to the Matariki light show. I went with my two brothers and my mum and dad. First we went and looked around. We saw a cool stand where you could get a free mini Dunkin doughnut. All you had to do was get a sticky note and a pen from them and write what you want to achieve and then put your phone number and your name at the bottom. And that is how you get a free Dunkin doughnut. The nice lady gave us 3 Dunkin doughnuts one for my mum and one for my brother (that ran away) and one for me.

Next we checked out what my dad bought from people. He had some fried bread, chop suey and rice. Then we sat down and ate our food. After we finished eating we went and walked through the Matariki light trail. I could see a lot of cool lights purple, red, yellow, orange and a lot of more colours. It was so colourful. At the start of the Light trail there were these two cool light guards. As we kept on walking through the Matariki light trail we saw cool light dolphins on the tree purple, blue and yellow.

After a while walking we almost reached the end of the Trail. You could see a little stand with people selling cool lights. There was flashing battens, flashing stars and other stuff. I bought the flashing baton and my brother bought the flashing sword. Then we walked back to our car and went back home.

The next day we went back to see the fireworks. First my mum asked her sister if she was coming to the Matariki fireworks. She was, but she was also bringing our cousin Achilles. My brother and I brought our lights.

As we arrived at the Matariki light show we looked around to see if we could find her sister A.k.a our auntie Wylma. Then we thought that they might already went through the light trail waiting for the fireworks so we went through the light trail looking. There was a big mob of people at one place but we still managed to get through all of the people.

Then we went on the wet muddy grass. I suddenly saw my cousin Liam. I was trying to tell my mum that we could go follow Liam and Liam would show as where auntie Wylma was. But she was too busy talking on her phone trying to communicate with auntie Wylma. Finally we found auntie Wylma and Achilles with our auntie, her name was Missy she was also with her kids Liam and Atu.

Kristopher and I were bored so we had a light fight with our flashing weapons. Me and Kris was fighting and fighting until someone lost. At the end I lost. Then a man got a microphone and talked everyone could hear him. First the man was thanking pAK'nSAVE for sponsoring them to have the fireworks.

Finally it got up to the countdown 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 BOOMM!!!!. There was a lot of yelling and screaming the fireworks were big and great and there was a lot of colours boom! boom! boom! boom! boom!. Lots of people were taking a lot of videos and photos of the fireworks. After the fireworks finished we headed back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment