Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Reflection for Extension term 1



This term for extension we learnt about eels and the Maramataka calendar. Five things that I learnt about eels is

1. eels like coming out when the moon is not that bright
2. after eels breed they die.
3 eels can live above water for 48 hours if it rained (skin is wet)
4. A eels life cycle goes like this eggs, larvae, glass eel, Elvers than adults.
last but not least 5. Eels can live up to one hundred and twenty years.

In extension we got to feed the eels in our school tank. We walked to the tank at lunch time. Mr Vogt was there with the eel food which is crab meat. Once we got to the tank we opened it. The eels already knew that it was time to eat. First we talked about the eels then we got to feed them. When I put my hand in the tank with some food an eel just jumped and took it straight away.

Now I will be explaining how I made my Scratch game. A Scratch expert came to help us make our Scratch games. His name is Walter. First we drew our three backgrounds for the winner, start and maze page. Then we made our eel. Next we coded our eel to move. Next we did if your eel is touching the black line it goes back to the start of the maze. After we coded if eel touches this sprite switch to the winner background, and that is how I coded my eel maze.

I really enjoyed learning about the Maramataka lunar calendar and eels.


No comments:

Post a Comment