Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Term 1 extension eel animation



This term for extension we leant about eels and the Maramataka calendar. I hope you enjoy my movie.

My script


Fakalofa lahi atu my name is Julianna. This animation is about eels. It will also be showing when the best and worst times are for eeling. I hope you enjoy my movie.

When female adult eels need to spawn (lay their eggs) They swim back to the sea near tonga and spawn.After they spawn the adult eels die. The eggs turn into larvae and drift back to new Zealand on the ocean currents. This is their lifecycle it go’s eggs, Larvae, glass eels,Elvers then adult.This is the Maramataka calendar the Maramataka calendar is the traditional Maori lunar calendar.

Long fin eels can’t see that well so they like coming out when there is not that much light coming from the moon. Longfin eels can only be found throughout new Zealand.

The average age at which a long fin eel migrates is 23 years for a male and 34 years for a female. Eels can live above water for 48 hours only if it rained because the water that came from the rain eels can slither on the water. Female eels can lay up to four million eggs after spawning they die. Small long fin eels living amongst the river gravels will feed on insect larvae, worms and water snails. When they get bigger, they begin to feed on fish. They will also eat freshwater crayfish and even small birds like ducklings. During the day, eels are secretive, hiding under logs and boulders or under riverbanks. The long in eel is one of the largest eels in the world they can also live up to 120 years.

Thanks for watching my movie I hope you learned a lot about long fin eels. Please leave a comment on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment