Pages

Friday 27 November 2020

Class animation 2020 Term 4 - Art Alive Panels!

 

Kia ora! This is my art alive animation for this term! I created 5 panels. Each of them come from a different culture and they have different meanings. The 5 cultures are , Maori, Niuean, Samoan, Tongan and Cook Islands.

I hope you enjoy my art work! and feel free to comment on my blog!


Maori:

This kowhaiwhai design was created by a Maori lady named Sandy Rodgers. The eye motif represents looking towards the future. The double koru design represents the mother and child. This is a symbol of protection, safety and guidance.


Niuean:

Hiapo is the Niuean word for Tapa cloth. The patterns on this hiapo represents the plants on the island. There are alot of repeating patterns and shapes like circles and triangles. There is a lot of detail in this hiapo.


Samoan:

In Samoan culture the men get a tattoo done called a Pe’a. The women's tattoo is called a Malu. This design is based on a flower called a frangipani or a hibiscus flower.


Tongan:


Cook Island:
Tivaevae is the art of quilting in the Cook Islands. Sometimes they are made individually or by groups of women. They are given as gifts on special occasions like birthdays and weddings. This tivaevae has flowers and leaves on it. Sometimes the patterns are repeating.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julianna nice job! I really like your animation. I really like how you explained what the designs meant.
    From Adrian <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana!
      Thank you for commenting on my blog! I am really happy that you liked my art.
      From Julianna <3 :D

      Delete