Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Immersion assembly recount - Term 4

 Sponsorship of Point England School — Bright Foundation

As we entered the hall on the first day of term 4 I could hear the powerful music playing. I sat down filled with excitement and waited until the assembly started. I was so excited because it was time for an immersion assembly! What is an immersion assembly? You might be asking. Well an immersion assembly is an assembly where all teams had to create a movie to explain to everyone about what they are learning about this term!


It was also exciting because the topic we were learning about was called ‘Art Alive’ and of course… I LOVE ART! So now you should know what an immersion assembly is for us. It was time to start the Assembly. First we did the introduction and stuff before we started watching the movies.


Finally it was time! First team was… Team 1! Team one’s movie showed the teachers recreating famous art by using different objects and backgrounds, Which I thought was pretty cool. One of my Favourite recreations was probably The Scream. After the Movie


Team 2! I was curious about what team 2 was going to do for this term. Their movie was also pretty cool, but what was different was that they had multiple kinds of art they could do. I forgot the names but one of the options was to create art using coloured rice powder! (I wish I could do that). Another art they could do was to create a portrait but on one half it is dark and sad colour and on the other half it will be nice bright and happy colours.


Next was Team 3. Team 3’s movie was my personal favourite. I loved how they used water guns and put dye in it to shoot the dye on a white sheet making it colourful! At the end of the movie the teachers showed the finished artwork. It had a colourful background with a rainbow, some birds and a little bridge which was a nice touch.


It was time for my! Yes, MY team’s movie will be played. I was PUMPED to find out what we were going to do for this term. Before the movie started Mr Goodwin stood up and said a few words, And OF COURSE, OBVIOUSLY THEY FORGOT, they forgot to make a movie. Luckily Mr Goodwin recorded the meeting he had with the other team 4 teachers in the holidays. The meeting was about them figuring out what should team 4 do for this term. Mr Goodwin used that footage and quickly made it into a little movie which I thought was a GREAT SAVE.


Last lucky last. Team 5. Most people know that team 5 always does an act instead of a movie. I wondered what they were going to do this time. It was about a person who was on the job to look after the art museum and all that stuff. A person arrives and asks about the art. The untrained supervisor decided to look at the papers filled with information about the art. So pretty much it was all about ‘What does this art represent and mean?’. They also had costumes on. The best costume was on Mrs Telea. She was wearing a full on Samoan costume that looked super duper cool and that was the immersion assembly.


No comments:

Post a Comment