Pages

Sunday 16 July 2017

WLJ 2017 Day 1

Facts about NZ people:

1. A Maori greeting is called a hongi. This is when two people put their heads together and touch their nose together.
2. Most people live in the North Island of NZ
3. Lots of people like camping in NZ.

Favourite 5 activities:

1. Rainbows End
2. Zoo
3. Beach
4. Sky Tower
5. Bush walk in the forest

These are the flags I created.



This flag has a sun. The red and the yellow represents the summer season in NZ. The blue represents the sea and the ocean. The green represents the grass and the trees.



This flag has a mountain. It represents all the mountains in NZ. The blue represents the sky. The sun represents how hot it can be in summer.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Julianna,
    It is lovely to see you blogging. I think that it is interesting that most people live in the North Island of New Zealand, why do you think that is? I really like your flags and I can see that you thought really carefully about what each part of your flag represents.
    Keep up the great blogging! I look forward to reading and commenting on more of you blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Davis

      thank you for commenting on my blog. I think people live in the North Island because in the south Island there is heaps of snow and it is really cold.

      Delete
  2. Hi Julianna,

    Welcome back to the holiday blogging programme. We are so excited to see that you have joined us again this year!

    We hope that you will enjoy learning all about New Zealand and sharing your learning on your blog. You've already posted two full days' worth of activities, which is awesome. Both Miss Davis and I are really impressed and very excited that you've completed so many activities already.

    We hope that you will continue with the journey and teach us more about New Zealand as you go. I personally love the two flags that you created for this activity. They are both so original and quite different from one another. Do you have a preference between the two? Do you think that one would be a better choice for the new national flag than the other? I love them both. I don't think that I could pick between them!

    Keep up the great work with your blogging :)

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel

      thank you for commenting on my blog. I'm glad that you like my flags. I like the one with the mountain and the sun be side it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Julianna,

      Thanks so much for writing back! I thought that you might say that you liked the flag with the mountain on it. It is very cool :)

      Cheers,
      Rachel

      Delete